You don’t have to live with your builder grade cabinets and mid-90s style cabinet hardware any longer! Update the look of your bathroom with a few easy upgrades for minimal cost.
1. Paint Your Cabinets. If you still have those medium wood grain cabinets and want to freshen things up, consider painting them white for a classic, clean look. Want to go for a more modern look? Choose a light gray, blue or pale green paint.
2. Buy New Towels and Mats. Towels can get expensive, so look for sales and stock up. Add in new bath mats and you’ll give your bathroom an instant update.
3. Update the Lighting. A new vanity light can cost as little as $50! If yours is outdated, it’s a fairly simple fix. If you don’t want to commit to a brand new light, you can just update the glass shades to modernize the look a bit. Install 75 to 100 watts per fixture for the best lighting for shaving and putting on makeup.
4. Update Flooring. If a new tile or wood floor isn’t in your budget, consider peel and stick tiles. They’re incredibly easy to use and can freshen up a dated bathroom.
5. Paint. Bathrooms are often overlooked as the rest of the home is updated. Choose a relaxing paint color to help turn your bathroom into your personal oasis.
6. New Faucets and Shower Head. A new faucet and shower head can update your look and save water (and $). Faucets are generally fairly simple to install and shower heads can be installed in just a few minutes.