You don't have to live the lifestyle of the rich and famous to appreciate luxury amenities. We've compiled a list of some of our favorite luxury amenities
1. Backyard Kitchen. Forget the grill, modern day outdoor kitchens have refrigerators, sinks, pizza ovens and deluxe grills. Bonus points for built in ice cream makers and a wine fridge. Backyard bars are also gaining in popularity. Make sure to have ample seating for all of your guests.
2. Dream Closets. Storage is still king! A walk in closet is good, but "his" and "hers" closets are even better. Add in a full length mirror and custom storage for shoes, jewelry and accessories for an even more impressive closet.
3. Spa. Luxury bathrooms are still very popular. A sauna, steam room, hidden electric outlets, custom shower, Carrara marble floors, heated floors, and a fire place all add to the luxury of the bathroom.
4. Water Feature. Nothing is more soothing than the sound of flowing water. Hang a large feature prominently in the living room or add a smaller fountain to the master bath. If you don't want water in the house, consider an outdoor feature as a focal point in your landscape design.
5. A View. One of the wonderful things about living in Northern Nevada is the opportunity for views. Many of the luxury communities boast incredible views of the mountains and high desert landscapes.
6. Open Floor Plan. Even if your home has a luxurious bathroom and wide open views, if the home feels cramped, buyers might not give it a second look. Open floor plans make a space feel larger, let more light through the house and are the preferred home style of most buyers.
7. Gourmet Kitchen. Luxury home buyers expect kitchens to have stainless steel appliances, marble or granite counters, a large pantry, significant storage, custom cabinetry and natural design touches in wood and exposed rock.
8. Smart System. Imagine connecting and controlling all of your devices and security system from your ipod. It's convenient and efficient. And you don't have to worry if you set the alarm before you left. Or if your garage door is open. Or if you left the AC on while you're on vacation.
9. Energy Efficiency. Solar panels, high efficiency windows, heating and cooling systems, low-energy appliances and substantial insulation all create a more comfortable, environmentally friendly home.
Are you planning to purchase a luxury home in the Reno, Nevada area? We work closely with custom home builders and Reno's finest luxury communities to show you homes that match your lifestyle. Give us a call at 775-453-4568 or contact us here to schedule a tour of available homes or to create a custom home search.