Have you recovered from "springing forward"? We don't like to think of it as losing an hour of sleep so much as we are gaining an hour of daylight. More daylight means more outdoor dining, gardening, and sunshine. Daylight Saving Time is a great annual reminder to check off some important, simple tasks off your to-do list. Below are five tips to focus on for Daylight Saving Time.
1. Change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
2. Spring Cleaning. Whether you tackle one room at a time or do it all over a few days, you'll feel accomplished when you're finished and your house will look great too!
3. Focus on Curb Appeal. Even if you're not planning to sell your home, adding some curb appeal by the way of new flowers, painting the front door, or trimming trees and bushes can make your front yard feel like new.
4. Review Your Insurance Policies. Spring is a great time to review your vehicle and property insurance. If you received jewelry for Valentine's Day or Christmas, consider adding an umbrella policy for those items.
5. Safety First. Check your family's safety kit to make sure it has everything in it you might need in an emergency. It's also a good time to review you family's emergency plan.