We've all lived somewhere that didn't have adequate storage. If your current home's kitchen, bathroom or closet space is limited, you have probably considered adding storage somewhere. If the space is right, shelving can be very helpful for those rooms that need extra storage. Consider these places for extra shelving.
1. Above the door. If you have a door in a corner of a room, a small shelf can utilize that otherwise waster space. This corner shelf is handy because it can fit deeper items that a traditional wall shelf can't hold. If your door isn't in a corner, you can still use a shelf. In a guest bathroom, extra rolled bath towels look great stored above the door.
2. Above the couch. Make sure these shelves are high enough you (and your guests) don't slam into them when you stand up.
3. Along a hallway. If the hallway is tall enough, shelves can be installed in the narrowest of hallways adding extra space.
4. Above the television. Unless your tv is enclosed in a built in, there is likely room for a little storage above it.
5. Above the desk. If you have an office or an office space in your home, wall shelves can be an excellent storage addition.
6. Above cabinets. Kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room cabinets often have wasted space above them. Use decorative baskets to store seldom used appliances, extra linens or cleaning supplies.
Sometimes we just outgrow our home and no amount of shelving will add enough storage. If you're in need of an upgrade, we'd be honored to help you find a home that better fits your lifestyle. We offer customized home searches that will automatically update you when a home that fits your search parameters hits the market. If you're interested in learning more about the Reno real estate market or in setting up a customized home search please call us at 775-453-4568 or fill out this form.