Choosing a Realtor is a big decision. Before you hire an agent to help you purchase a home or sell your current home, there are several questions to ask. No matter what, you need to feel comfortable that the agent you choose has your best interests at heart and you feel comfortable working with them.
The following questions are a good starting place when you interview agents.
- Will I be working with you? Or someone on your team?
- How will we communicate? (Are you comfortable texting if that is this agent's preferred method of contact?)
- What is your experience? Do you have special credentials?
- Do you represent both buyers and sellers?
- What is your average number of clients?
- Do you have references?
- Do you work full time as an agent?
- What neighborhoods do you specialize in?
- Do you have a recommended vendors list?
- How many sales have you had in my target neighborhood?
- How many homes did you sell last year?
- Ho do you determine the listing price?
- What is your marketing plan?
- Can you provide a valuation of my home?