If you've listed your home, but it's sitting on the market, there could be several reasons why you're not getting the offers you expected. Always remember to work closely with your Realtor so you don't make these mistakes. If you have questions about selling your Northern Nevada home, please contact us. We'd be honored to assist however we can.
- Over-Pricing Your Home. Your Realtor will know how to best price your home. Before your home is listed, your Realtor will cover the value, the comparable homes, and any upgrades that may make your home more valuable. If you have concerns about the price, the time to discuss that is before you list.
- Hanging Out at Your Open Houses. Buyers just don't feel comfortable looking at a property with the homeowner looking over their shoulder. Plan ahead to run errands or visit friends when you know you have scheduled showings.
- Being Difficult with Showings. If agents can't show your home, odds are good you won't see many offers. Unless you've already moved out of the home, you'll need to be prepared to leave your home on short notice and for your home to be available for showings on a regular basis.
- Not Deep Cleaning. Yes, people will notice if the windows are dirty. They also notice stains in the carpet and the dishes piled in the sink. While this may not affect the value of the home, it does leave a less than stellar impression on potential buyers. If you don't feel up to doing the deep cleaning, your Realtor will likely have a recommended cleaning service.
- Leaving the Pets Out. If you're having an open house or there's a showing schedule, make sure the pets are out of the house. Some people have allergies, others just may not be dog or cat people. If possible, drop the pets off with a friend or neighbor. If there's no other option, consider crating your pets so they don't greet potential home buyers at the door.
- Ignoring the Yard. Even if your home is immaculate, when the yard is a wreck, it leaves a bad impression. The yard will be the first thing potential home buyers see, so make sure it looks fantastic.