In a recent article from Realtor.com, chief economist Jonathan Smoke predicts 2016 will be "a true seller's market and it's already galloping out of the starting gate". They have highlighted the top features from across the country that could sell homes the fastest.
1. Spanish Style. This classic style appeals to a large number of home buyers which helps homes sell more quickly.
2. City Skylines. Home buyers tend to prefer a view of their city over a luxurious backyard, snowy mountains and even the ocean. Of course, every region is different. With gorgeous mountain views throughout the Reno-Tahoe area, we know plenty of people who prefer a more majestic view.
3. Stainless Steel and Granite. Discerning home buyers are still opting for granite counters and stainless steel appliances. For sellers looking to upgrade before selling, a kitchen remodel could be your best return on investment. Homes with stainless steel appliances sell 15% faster than homes without.
4. Location. Homes near high-ranked schools are typically on the market the shortest period of time. According to Realtor.com, homes near hospitals tended to stay on the market the longest.
5. Home Size. Large homes receive more page views than their smaller neighbors but how many people actually want or need a 5,000 square foot home? Most buyers end up purchasing a home between 1,500 and 2,000 square feet.
Navigating the home selling process can be daunting. If you are planning to sell your home, we would be honored to assist you. Call us at 775-453-0209 for more information.