With the warmer weather and Spring Break coming up, you maybe planning to do a little spring cleaning. Whether you have a full weekend of cleaning planned or just a few spare minutes, there are plenty of tips and tricks to freshen up your home.
- Door Mats. If your door mats have taken a beating from all the snow and mud this winter, spraying them down and letting them air dry will prevent dirt from being tracked into your home.
- Windows. Don't clean your windows in the heat of the day on a sunny day or you're more likely to end up with streaky windows. Wash windows (inside and out) with a microfiber cloth and window cleaner. Don't forget to dust or vacuum your window shades or blinds.
- Microwave. Place a small bowl of water with vinegar and lemon juice in the microwave and heat until boiling, then wipe down the inside of the microwave. Use a spray cleaner to wipe down the outside of the microwave.
- Countertops. Granite counters need to be sealed occasionally to continue repelling stains and liquid. If it's been a while, there are several excellent granite counter sealers you can purchase to seal your own counters.
- Refrigerator. Disinfect the shelves and drawers with spray cleaner. Door bins can be removed and washed in warm, soapy water. Finish up by wiping down the exterior of the refrigerator.
- Junk Drawer. Remove everything from the junk drawer and throw out anything broken or expired. Put away items that belong somewhere else and wipe down or vacuum out the drawer.
- Furniture. Move large furniture so you can vacuum under and behind it. Then vacuum the furniture (sprinkle a little baking soda on the fabric before vacuuming to freshen any odors).
- Bedding. Wash your comforter and pillows- make sure to follow the manufacturer's directions.