The kitchen is the heart of your home and likely where you spend a lot of time. If you're planning to sell your home, you may be considering a kitchen remodel to increase your home value. Home Advisor reports that the average American kitchen remodel costs $21,679. Before you spend a lot of money updating your kitchen, consider these budget friendly ways to save.
- Do a Partial Remodel- Instead of buying new cabinets, counters and appliances, splurge on counters and appliances, but update the cabinets with a fresh coat of paint and new hardware.
- Pick Budget-Friendly Materials- Even granite can run $60-$100 per square foot, so purchasing a less expensive material like solid surface counters that run $20-$30 can be a massive savings.
- Do it Yourself- Painting, changing hardware or updating the kitchen faucet are all tasks you may be able to do on your own.
- Find a Contractor You Trust- Contractors' pricing varies significantly. When choosing a contractor, be sure to check references and compare prices.
- Check Online- Not only can you find bargains on faucets and hardware online, but you can find great prices on big ticket items like cabinets and counters too.
- Embrace the Retro Look- If you love your kitchen's charm, it may be worth saving. Consider superficial updates like painting the walls to freshen the look of the room but stay true to the design features.
If you have questions about selling your home, we'd be happy to assist in any way we can. Call us at 775-453-4568 or fill out this brief form. We have extensive experience selling real estate in the Reno-Sparks area and offer a complimentary home valuation, so you know exactly how much your home is worth in today's market.