If you're planning to sell your home in the new year, you may be considering making some updates before you contact a Realtor. Before you bust out your paintbrushes and buy new bathroom fixtures, check out this list from Country Living of trends that will be in (or not) in 2017.
1. Matte Finishes- Like matte nail color, matte appliances will be popular in 2017. Still have those dates white appliances? It's time for an upgrade. Consider a gunmetal or smudge-resistant stainless steel.
2. Marble. Yes, marble is making a comeback. If you can't swing a full kitchen marble makeover, consider marble accents in the backsplash or in the bathrooms.
3. Jewel Tones. Tired of neutral grays and boring beige? Update your home with a bold jewel tones. Homeowners who are planning to sell might want to consider adding jewel tones as accent pieces (think throw pillows, rugs, or curtains).
4. Nailhead Details. This look has been a stable in upholstered furniture, but now designers are using nailhead designs on much more like cabinets and storage chests.
5. Subway Tile. A classic style element, the subway tile can lean toward a modern look or a traditional look. This may be very appealing to potential buyers. Dark grout keeps the look up to date.
6. Wood Grain. Wood finishes are a popular design choice. Even if you've painted over your wood vanity or built ins, you can likely sand it down. Opt for a light stain or clear coat to really show of the grain of the wood.
If you are planning to sell your home, now is an excellent time to make updates. We would be happy to do a free home valuation so you -know how much your home is worth today. Call us at 775-453-4568.