Are you planning to de-clutter in the near future? Maybe you're planning to move and want to get a head start before you start packing. Maybe you're just ready to clean up the garage. Whatever your motivation, there are several great options to get rid of your extra stuff.
1. Donate. There are several organizations in Northern Nevada that will take your unwanted items. Remember that donations should be clean, gently used, and still have life left in them. Check out SPCA of Northern Nevada, Reno Sparks Gospel Mission, or Catholic Charities of Northern Nevada (among many others).
2. facebook. If you haven't used facebook Marketplace yet, there's no time like the present. Posting is easy and you can check out the facebook profile of potential buyers before you meet.
3. OfferUp. This free app offers the option for a few pictures and a description. You will be contacted by potential buyers through the app.
4. Craigslist. Oh Craigslist. This once popular classifieds site still serves it's purpose. All postings are free and you can upload 20+ images.
5. Dispose/Recycle. If you're finding you have many items, or large items, that need to be disposed of, you may consider renting a dumpster. You can drop of trash or recyclables at the transfer station if you'd prefer to do it yourself.
If you're planning to sell your home, we would be happy to provide you with a complimentary home valuation so you know exactly what your home is worth in today's market. Many homeowners are pleasantly surprised with the equity they now have in their Reno-Sparks home.