Even though the days are getting shorter and it’s beginning to feel like fall, now is the perfect time to prepare for a springtime home sale. If you’d like to list your home after the new year (or sooner!) give us a call at 775-453-0209. We’d be happy to discuss home values in your neighborhood and set up a marketing plan so you receive top dollar for your home. Here are five things you can do now to better prepare your home for sale during the spring.
- Start Packing. Clear out clothes you haven’t worn recently and donate them to one of the many charitable organizations in Reno-Sparks. Or have a garage sale to make some money for your move. If you know you won’t use it by the time you move (think 4th of July decorations), pack it up.
- Interview Realtors. You’re going to be working with an agent for at least a couple months. Check their references, host interviews, make sure they’re qualified to sell your home.
- Prepare Your Yard. Plant bulbs that will bloom in spring. Prune bushes and trees. Before you list your home, add springtime flowers
- Do a Thorough Inspection. It’s a good idea to get a home inspection now so you can address anything the inspector finds. You can then provide that inspection and the list of repairs and receipts to potential buyers. If you don’t hire an inspector, you should inspect the home yourself.
- Take on Unfinished Projects. Whether it’s touching up paint or finishing the backyard renovation, do it now so it’s not a rush in the few weeks before you list.