With the warmer weather we’ve been having, you’re probably spending more time outdoors. If your yard needs a little updating, now is a good time to consider your options. Before starting your outdoor renovations, check to see if you need permits. If you’re taking on a large project, you may want to consider hiring a landscape designer.
1. Lighting. Lighting can include outdoor lamps, pathway lights, wall and hanging lights. If you’re concerned about wiring, consider solar lights. Solar lights can also be a good option for security lights or spotlights for specific features like a fountain or flag.
2. Gazebo. A gazebo can be an excellent focal point in a backyard. They range in size and provide shade and a great area for entertaining.
3. Hot Tub. There are over 6 Million hot tubs in America which are often used for relaxation, entertaining and pain relief. Before purchasing a hot tub, consider the costs, including monthly maintenance and chemicals as well as increased electricity costs.
4. Outdoor Kitchen. An outdoor kitchen can be as luxurious or as compact as you’d like. Most have a grill, sink, counter space, a refrigerator and storage. Make sure to obtain the appropriate permits before building your outdoor kitchen and protect your new appliances from the weather.
5. Deck. A new deck provides space for entertaining, grilling and a place for kids to play. Remember that decks need to be stained and waterproofed every few years. Again, you’ll want to check on permit requirements before you begin building your deck.