As a smart home seller, you want your home to be in show-worthy shape, but you don't want to spend an arm and leg to do so. They key is to make sure your return on investment into home repairs and updates make sense. Prioritize these key repairs to increase your home's value.
1. Replace Flooring. Old, outdated carpet and scratched wood floors can make a home look poorly cared for. Opt for new carpet, a quality laminate, or even hardwood floors to give the property a fresh look and impress potential home buyers.
2. Add Curb Appeal. Not only will your home's front yard give the first impression of the property, but if the lawn is full of dead patches, shrubs are overgrown, and weeds have taken over the planter, potential home buyers will start tallying the costs of repairs before they even enter the home, if they decide to enter the home. Make sure the lawn is mowed, flower beds are clean, and even add some flowers or plants to add color and increase your home's curb appeal. A tasteful wreath or decor on the front porch can also add some charm.
3. Consider Kitchen Updates. The kitchen is the heart of the home, so outdated wood cabinets and a dripping faucet may make potential home buyers think twice. You can paint wood cabinets, add new hardware, and replace the kitchen faucet without spending much, but making a big impact. If your budget allows, a new dishwasher and stove can also make a great impression, especially if the appliances you're replacing are older, dated models.
4. Painting. You may think your daughter's hot pink bedroom is adorable. But homebuyers are likely seeing more work they'll have to do. Even updating neutral paint, if it looks worn and in need of a touch up, can make a big difference in the appeal of a home. A fresh coat of paint is an easy, inexpensive update to make your home look its best.
5. Update Lighting. If your home doesn't have much natural light, adding lights will help brighten the space. If your light fixtures are dated, replacing them is an easy, inexpensive fix.
If you are planning to sell your home, please reach out to Sallan Real Estate. It would be an honor to serve you however we can.