If you're spending more time in your yard, you're not alone! With the warmer weather, you may be thinking about your outdoor projects for the season. If you're trying to spruce up your yard or add a major architectural change, we hope these five hot landscaping trends give you some ideas.
1. Intricate Patterns in Hardscaping. A decomposed granite path is practical, but is it pretty? Consider unique pavers, lattice, and bricks to add interesting patterns into your landscape.
2. Shades of Blue. Classic Blue is Pantone's color of the year and the color is even popular in gardens and yards. Consider adding plants with blue flowers (like cornflowers, hydrangea, or iris). Outdoor tiles come in a variety of shades and can add permanent color.
3. Outdoor Living Space. Whether your outdoor living space is a sitting area complete with comfy chairs, a kitchen with a pizza oven, or a bar area with a wine cooler, make sure your space represents your interests and is functional so you'll enjoy using it.
4. Fire Pits. Fire pits have been popular for several years, especially in our climate. Enjoy roasting marshmallows in the summer or sit around the fire with friends during chillier months. Choose a material that compliments your landscaping. A copper fire pit or a custom stone fire pit can both be a gorgeous centerpiece in your landscape. Be sure to install your fire pit away from trees or anything flammable.
5. Functional Lighting. Highlight designs in your landscape, like a water feature or install lights along the deck. Solar lights have come a long way in recent years, both in functionality and aesthetic. Lights in trees can create a nighttime focal point in your yard and hanging lanterns along a pathway are both attractive and useful.