If you’re planning to sell your home, you may be concerned about updating certain areas to help get a higher price. But before you hire contractors or take on any projects yourself, check out this list of upgrades from “This Old House” that are worth the money.
- Outdated Appliances. You don’t want to spend a ton of money on appliances you won’t use for long. But if your appliances are old, worn or broken, you’ll definitely want to update them. Check for sales at your local home improvement and appliance stores for deals.
- Scratched Wood Floors. Wood floors can be a big selling point, but only if they’re in good shape. The cost for refinishing the floors can be worth the investment if it’s done well and the floors are worth saving.
- Cracked Tile. A cracked tile can really ruin the look of a floor or shower and may concern potential buyers. Have the tile replaced, if possible, before listing your home.
- Basic Systems. It doesn’t matter how gorgeous the kitchen is or how lovely the curb appeal if the roof leaks or the HVAC needs replacing, buyers have cause for concern.
- Painting. Updating the color of the home can make the home feel clean and fresh. Forego very bold paint choices and choose more neutral colors. Let the buyers decide how they’d like to personalize the home.
If you’re interested in selling your home, call us at 775-453-0209. We would be happy to discuss your home’s value and how we can best market the property to potential buyers.