When you list your home, you want to make sure it looks its best. You probably know that unfortunate paint choices and outdated appliances can turn off buyers. Make sure your design choices show your home in its best light.
1. Converted Bedrooms. Most home buyers looking for a 4 bedroom home are actually looking for 4 bedrooms. If your bedrooms have been converted to a sewing room, gym, and office, you may want to stage the rooms while your home is being shown. If you can't stage the homes, make those rooms as open as possible so potential buyers can get a good idea of the size of the room.
2. Flooring. Wall to wall carpet is a turn off for many home buyers. Wood, or wood-like, flooring is much more popular.
3. Shiny Hardware. Shiny hardware has had its day. A fairly easy update for bathrooms, kitchen and even door handles are a brushed metal tone.
4. Bright Paint Colors. Bright colors can be a major turn off, but it's also an easy fix. Stick with neutral beige, grays, and off-white colors. Keep the same color or similar colors throughout the house.
5. Wallpaper. Whether it's an 8 inch border in the laundry room or a full wall of floral print, it's time to take it down and paint that wall a tasteful neutral.
Are you planning to sell your home? Give us a call at 775-453-4568 to get started. We will create a complimentary, completely custom home valuation and marketing plan to sell your home quickly and for a good price.