One of the most common rooms homeowners upgrade before selling their home is the bathroom. The average bathroom overhaul costs over $9,000, but if your bathroom needs an update before you list it, you don't need to take out a second mortgage to cover the cost. These are the most common bathroom design trends that buyers notice.
1. Paint- For under $200 you can buy paint and supplies to freshen up the entire look of your bathroom. Choose a bright white for the ceiling and a neutral color for the walls to make the space feel larger and cleaner.
2. Tile- For about $5 a square foot, you can have inexpensive tile installed in your bathroom. Choose wood look tile or marble if your budget allows for a more luxurious look. If the tile is fine, consider deep cleaning or replacing the grout.
3. Hardware- Replacing the faucets, door knobs, and cabinet pulls can modernize an outdated bathroom. Another bonus is that many faucets are significantly more water efficient than before.
4. Light Fixtures- Vanity lights might be great for providing plenty of light in a bathroom, but there are so many better, modern options. Layer lighting for an even more luxurious effect. An overhead light, vanity light, wall sconces or small table lamps can highlight the best features of the bathroom and are functional.
5. Accessories. If you've chosen an neutral palette for your bathroom, choose a shower curtain, towels or art with more color. Keep accessories simple so the room doesn't look cluttered, but don't go all white or neutrals because it may look boring to buyers.
If you're planning to sell your home, there are several steps to take before you list. We'd be happy to assist in selling your home. We offer a complimentary home valuation so you know exactly how much your home is worth in today's market. For more information, call us at 775-453-4568 or fill out this contact form.