A large multi-use project titled West Second District was recently proposed to City Council, providing the potential for vital redevelopment in the western neighborhood of Downtown Reno.
The proposal encompasses approximately 16 acres (over 5 million square feet) of land and will cost approximately $1.2 billion. The project will incorporate partial or whole parcels spanning from W 1st Street to W 3rd Street north/south and N Arlington Avenue to Washington Street east/west.
The proposal includes plans for residential, office, retail, hotel, parking and common areas:
- Residential: 2,353,329 sq. ft. (1,800 – 2,000 units)
- Retail: 245,240 sq. ft.
- Office: 447,363 sq. ft.
- Non-gaming hotels: 245,000 sq. ft. (490 keys between 2 separate hotels)
- Central plant: 15,000 sq. ft.
- Parking: 2,015,744 sq. ft. (4,000 – 5,000 space)
- Common areas: 322,163 sq. ft.
The project is scheduled to commence sometime in 2016. Construction is scheduled to complete in 2021, but may extend to 2025.